Saturday 18 June 2016

NDA: MILITANCY: I WILL BE PART OF NEGOTIATION TEAM IF CREDIBLE NIGERIANS ARE INVOLVED – ITA-GIWA

Senator Florence Ita-Giwa, a former presidential adviser, says she will be on the negotiation table for peace between the Federal Government and Niger Delta militants only if credible Nigerians are involved.

The former Senator was reacting to reports that she had agreed to negotiate with the government on behalf of the Movement for the Emancipation of Niger Delta, MEND, for peace to return to the region. Speaking through a statement released on yesterday, Senator Florence said that for the benefit of the Niger Delta people, she will be willing to be a
part of the dialogue, but would only be a part of negotiations that would bring lasting peace to the Niger Delta region.

Her statement read, Recently, my attention has been drawn to a widespread report in the national dailies that I have agreed to serve in dialogue team with the Federal Government.

I was, however, contacted by a representative of the Movement for the Emancipation of Niger Delta asking if I will be part of an initiative to find ways to end the ongoing attacks through dialogue towards restoring peace in the
region.

In my response, I said that I will consider serving if the Federal Government is willing to engage in discussions with credible Nigerians that have genuine interest and sympathy for the people of the region.

Follow us on Twitter
@KARIFEST1

Share this

0 Comment to "NDA: MILITANCY: I WILL BE PART OF NEGOTIATION TEAM IF CREDIBLE NIGERIANS ARE INVOLVED – ITA-GIWA "

Post a Comment