Wednesday 22 June 2016

CHIEF CHUKWUEDO CONFERRED WITH CHIEFTAINCY TITLE AS ' OGBUESHI ECHIEDIME'.

UGBOLU HONOURS THEIR SON UDEZUE ANTHONY CHUKWUEDO WITH CHIEFTAINCY TITLE AS "OGBUESHI ECHIDIME" 
The town of Ugbolu honoured  Chief Anthony Chukwuedo Udezue recently in Ugbolu, Delta state with the chieftaincy title of "OGBUESHI ECHIDIME."

Chief Anthony Chukwuedo Udezue who was a onetime taskforce youth chairman general of Ugbolu, has contributed greatly to the development of youths of Ugbolu kingdom with various empowerment programmes.

KARIFEST INTERNATIONAL BRINGS YOU THE EVENT IN PIXS: 


Chief Anthony Echidime taking one of the symbols of his title.

Speaking to KARIFEST INTERNATIONAL,  the celebrant said he was happy and believes it was a privilege to be honoured with the ikpáálor title by his people. In his words, "I feel very great, it's a thing of joy, it's a thing that I've supposed to have done before now, I'm very happy. I only sent out text from my phone, I didn't expect people to turn out like this, but I'm glad and happy to see people are here to witness this occasion." He enthused.







Ogbueshi Chukwudumbili speaking to KARIFEST said he felt happy and fulfilled to see his relative take this step. "Before now, I have been urging him to take this chieftaincy title, because he is wise and vibrant, we need his wise counsel so that he will make a positive input to the Ndi-Ichie of Ugbolu."

When questioned on the benefits of being an Ichie, he had this to say; "Once you belong to this group of Ndi-Ichie, they are the ruling class. So for somebody to belong to those making decisions for the town, it's an advantage. So I believe the family will benefit from that."





Also at the event was Chief Daniel Okafor of code of conduct bureau, he said he had always known his cousin was penciled for greatness. He called on the new Chief to use his position to affect his people positively. "What I expect from him as an Ndi-Ichie is to use his position to speak the truth at all times, I want him to be an inspiration to the younger ones. Then I want him to use his position to bring development, first to his family, his community and then the town as a whole. As a politician, I expect him to use his connection to bring development here, empower the youths so that they will be focused and look up to him," Chief Okafor said.

The Chief rejected criticism about the practice being barbaric or ungodly and also took the opportunity to advice Ogbueshi Echidime, "You have to speak the truth at all times. As an Ndi-Ichie, you cannot go and sleep with another man's wife. You cannot go and steal, you can't tell lies, there are so many things you cannot do as an Ndi-Ichie. Just like those things the Bible condemns. So those who say because you are doing chieftaincy title, you can't be a Christian, are missing the point. There is a serious law which is eternal and as an Ndi-Ichie you must obey it. It's only those who don't read and understand the Bible that will come and say Christianity and tradition don't go together. Those people are half educated in terms of Bible and tradition," Chief Daniel Okafor said.






Guests at the event witnessed beautiful cultural display from different dance groups and musicians and had a carnival like feeling with lots to eat and drink. The celebrant proudly, in the company of his beautiful wife danced graciously around the stage. He thanked everyone present, he took the opportunity to thank his siblings who donated a cow, he also thanked his Idumuohene family for their support. "I thought maybe 50 people will come because I sent just text messages, as you witnessed, lots of people turned out. I am very grateful. I am only asking God to bless them. I pray that when they call, people will answer them."

"And I look forward to inviting you for the other one. I told you that after ikpáálor, it remains Ichieze, and that time I shall invite you all. Thank you," Chief Anthony Udezue said gracefully.






~ KARIFEST INTERNATIONAL.
Follow us on Twitter @KARIFEST1

Share this

0 Comment to "CHIEF CHUKWUEDO CONFERRED WITH CHIEFTAINCY TITLE AS ' OGBUESHI ECHIEDIME'."

Post a Comment