Monday 8 August 2016

Dalung Apologises To Dream Team, Calls Them ‘True Heroes’

Solomon Dalung, Minister of Youth and Sports, has earlier today apologised to Nigeria’s players and officials of the Olympic football team over issues surrounding the contingent’s late arrival in Brazil.

Dalung apologised to the dream team after they defeated and progressed to the quarter-finals at the Men’s Olympic Football Tournament in Rio 2016 with a 1-0 victory over Sweden.

His words “I want to apologise for all the circumstances that led to your late arrival here.

“I apologise because I am the head and as such I must take responsibility for anything that happen under my watch.

“I am happy you all have put the unfortunate incident behind you and have shown that you are true heroes by making the country proud with your qualification for the quarterfinals.

“This qualification is unique as you guys are the first team to do so in the football event. I want to assure you that we appreciate your efforts, and I want to say that it’s when a man faces challenges that his true ability is tested.

“I am sure we all have learnt our lessons and will take the lessons to heart going forward.”

Responding, team captain John Obi Mikel assured Dalung that the team will not lose focus, as their target is to win the gold medal.

The sports minister was in company of Adamu Emozozo, Nigerian ambassador to Brazil, and Chinyeaka Ohaa, permanent secretary in the ministry.

Dalung in a group picture with the team



Follow us on Twitter @KARIFEST1

Share this

0 Comment to "Dalung Apologises To Dream Team, Calls Them ‘True Heroes’"

Post a Comment