Wednesday 6 January 2016

DON'T COMPARE ME TO GUARDIOLA!!!






Real Madrid boss, Zinedine Zidane says comparisons with Bayern Munich coach Pep Guardiola are out of proportion.

The former Real Madrid player clocked 43 last year in June. He replaced Rafael Benitez on Monday as the coach of Real Madrid. Following his appointment, accolades have echoed stridently that he is the Guardiola for Madrid.

But Zidane said,You shouldn't make comparisons with me and Guardiola. He has achieved incredible things.”

Pep Guardiola, a former Barcelona player, managed the club’s Second side before leading the first team to unbelievable success. Under Guardiola, Barca won 14 trophies in four years, including the Champions League, La Liga and Copa del Rey in his first season.

Zidane, a World Cup winner with France in 1998, coached Real’s B team prior to his promotion following Benitez’s sacking. His first game in charge of the first team will be Saturday’s La Liga match against Deportivo La Coruna at the Bernabeu.

Guardiola accentuated on Tuesday he wants to manage in the Premier League when he leaves Bayern Munich at the end of this season.

Guardiola is a fantastic coach and what he is doing is very impressive,” said Zidane.

“Guardiola is Guardiola. I will do my best. I will not compare myself with anyone. I never did it as a player and I won’t do it now. he added.

Zidane further stated that top-notch player, world record signing and Wales international Gareth Bale will remain a key player for the club.

"He’s a phenomenal player" said Zidane.

“I’m going to give him all the support and love he needs to play well. I understand he might be sad about Rafa’s sacking because he was an important coach to him, but I will treat him just as well as Rafael did.”

Asked about his football philosophy, Zidane said, “have clear targets and I’m going to do everything I can to reach those targets.”

“Good football has always been important at this place and I am going to continue that. It has to be offensive football, balanced, and nothing else. To win is essential at this club. The target always is to win the Champions League and I will try to make that possible.

Zidane strongly believes he has a squad that is “focused, happy and switched on.

He added, “I’ve got good feelings, but a coach is never fully prepared, especially a coach who has never managed at this level before.

“I feel kind of prepared. I have motivation and hope. All that will help me.

Following the club's 2-2 draw with Valencia on sunday, star players like Cristiano Ronaldo, Karim Benzema, and others were put through rigorous test.

About 6000 fans watched Zidane take his maiden team Training at Real Madrid's Valdebebas ground on Tuesday.

Share this

0 Comment to "DON'T COMPARE ME TO GUARDIOLA!!!"

Post a Comment